Sunday, September 20, 2009

Now Hiring

Today I posted this on Craigslist.com:

WANTED: Personal assistant to help a college senior struggling to find time for her academic life as well as her internet life. The assistant’s responsibilities would include, but are not limited to: organization of the employer’s life, scheduling (of homework, appointments, and internet responsibilities), writing dictated materials (blogs, tweets, e-mail, etc), and select domestic duties. Assistant must be proficient with a Mac and have a vast understanding of iLife, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, podcasts and be all around technologically savvy. Excellent writing and grammar skills are a must. Flexible with days and hours as long as 9 hours are worked during any 3 days of the week. Pay is semi-negotiable. You can gladly use the position for any college “internship” requirement, however it is not guaranteed that your college/university will approve. Please do not apply if you do not own (or are not willing to purchase) an internet ready smart phone.

I wrote this want ad because I am in desperate need of a personal assistant and in an ideal, fantasy world I would have one.

On top of being a senior in college, I have far too many projects going on. But I love them all so there’s no way I’m about to give any of them up for some silly free time.

Besides my 18 credit hour school schedule and all the studying that comes with it… I run three blogs–my personal one, Wattlebird and four815162342. I am a co-host of a podcast called Girly Nerdy Goodness. I am an avid blogger and Tweeter and Facebook junkie. I send no less than 5,000 texts per month. I live in a two-bedroom townhouse with a roommate, which requires an endless amount of chores. And I am maintaining a long-distance relationship.

People say that I have too much on my plate. But the truth is, if I’m not this busy I’ll go crazy. I love the fast-pace, hectic lifestyle that I have been building up the last few years and I have no intention on changing it. To better cope, I’m just going to have to hire someone to help me.

Craigslist doesn’t allow the posting of unpaid positions so I listed pay for my assistant as “semi-negotiable.” And by semi-negotiable I mean, it’s unpaid. If Craigslist allowed it, I’d just call it an “unpaid internship” and students would be lining up for the job! Nothing says “resume builder” better than some slave labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...