Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Advertising In Comments?

Is it just me or has some of online advertising gotten a little out of control?

Don't get me wrong, as an advertising major, I am all for creative and innovative ways of online advertising.  But these comment advertisements that are disguised as a person just carrying on a conversation about a product just kills me!

Not only does it just say to me "DISH is annoying" but it also says, "DISH employees can't spell and the entire corporation is entirely unprofessional."

This is a giant fail, right?

2 comments:

  1. Luckily I've found Wordpress finds these and sorts them as spam but sadly Blogspot doesn't seem to :(. I guess all we can do is be safe in the knowledge that we won't endorse these naff adverts by buying any of the products they sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trusting that this isn't a sneaky plug for Wordpress, right?

    I have to wonder what their ROI is on these types of advertising? It has to do pretty well since it is pretty prevalent.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...