Thursday, May 10, 2012

Is Viddy the New Mobile Social Media Craze?

Share: 

Viddy, the video sharing app launched in 2011, has reached 26 million users recently and has been valued at $200 million. Could this be the next mobile social media craze?


This social, videography mobile app is used to beautify and share every day moments in the form of 15-second video clips, or "viddys." The app then lets you edit, filter and socially share the clips with your network. Sound familiar? Viddy is creepily similar to the still-shot editing and sharing with Instagram. It's so similar to Instagram, in fact, that it is currently exclusive to iOS devices only (at least until Facebook wants to buy it for $1 billion).

I have heard Viddy popping up in tech news here and there but until I read the report that it had over 26 million users, I had never taken it seriously. But should I be? Should the social media and mobile communities be taking it seriously?

I'm downloading the app as I type to do a formal review and test drive. But in the meantime, I'd love to hear what you have to say. Are you already a Viddy user? Does it provide a valuable service and experience to the social media community? Also I'll do a Follow4Follow on Viddy since I don't think many people in my current networks use it! So leave me your username below.

Tell me what you think and stay tuned for my Viddy update and review!


* To be alerted of future Viddy reviews and to stay up-to-date with all katelynshelby content, become a member!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...