Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Work Somewhere Awesome


There has never been a truer statement.

Life is short. Work somewhere awesome. 

You will spend the majority of your waking moments at work so you should be doing something you love, in a place you love, surrounded by people you respect that you can mutually support and grow alongside.

Thankfully I have had the privileged of starting off my career at an awesome place. I was given a chance right out of college to do something that I had only done in theory in the classroom. I was given a place to learn, grow, and expand. I was mentored and pushed to do new things. I was able to work alongside some of the brightest minds I have met to date. I was introduced to people and new ideas that have changed my world. I was allowed to take my ideas and make them a reality. I was able to mentor students and share my passion. I was able to have my work viewed globally. It was here that I gained the confidence I have today. It is safe to say that I have been lucky enough to work somewhere awesome.

With that being said, I am sad to announce that I am leaving the company that has done so much for me over the last three and a half years.

This company gave me my first job, during a dismal economy. They took a risk on someone fresh out of college with no real corporate experience. I will always be eternally grateful for this. During my time here I have grown immensely, both professionally and personally. My time here has opened my eyes to the automotive industry, where I am sure my career will remain. I will forever be thankful for every person who has taken the time to mentor me and help me get to this point.

I am able to recognize that there is so much  I do not know but need to know to reach my goals and I must do what is necessary to forge my path. As I enter the next stage of my career, I aim to seek out new skills and increase my level of experience in all aspects of the industry so I can become a more well-rounded communications professional. I will continually challenge myself to do more, learn more, and grow.

I have no idea where the future is going to take me. I only hope I will be able to continue to work with awesome people in awesome places. Because life is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...