Friday, November 21, 2014

Katelyn Davis, One Person Wonder

This week I was honored as the recipient of The Michigan Business and Professionals Association's the Best of MichBusiness award as a "One Person Wonder" for my work/life balance between my career at Ford Motor Company and Team Detroit in Corporate Communications, freelancing in social media and public relations, owning and designing for Urban Solstice, and my volunteer and community work as a 313Dlove Board Member and a Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan Troop Leader.

To me, it still seems crazy that I am able to keep all these balls up in the air at once and I'm thrilled that it has been recognized by my peers for it. Sometimes I just think I'm crazy for never saying no to a project and for always wanted to try something new but as it turns out, I'm not crazy at all and people admire the trait.

I'm really just thankful for all the amazing people I've been able to surround myself who are passionate, who never look at me like I'm crazy, who challenge me to be the best possible version of myself, and who are always there to lend a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...