Wednesday, January 27, 2016

28 Before 29th


Well today's the day... I made it around the sun another time to celebrate my 28th birthday!

The last several years I've written a list of things I want to accomplish before my next birthday. I went though last year's list this morning and I guess it went okay but I think I can do better this year!

  1. Live More Minimalist-icly - Over the last few weeks I've noticed that we have accumulated a lot of stuff in our house. Stuff we don't need, things we've never used, and stuff we'd never miss if it disappeared. I really want to downsize my belongings and live more simplistic. 
  2. Travel More - This always makes the top of my lists. All I want to do is see the world.
  3. Make a Leaded Glass Window/Insert/Something - This is something that I've been wanting to do for awhile but I've never the the research on classes and how to actually get it done. I'd like to figure all that out and make something for the house. 
  4. Have My Dog Certified as a Therapy Dog - Our training this year has been going to well with Juneau. Ultimately I'd like to see her working as a Therapy Dog or Emotional Support. Or maybe we'll just volunteer at the library for kids to read to her.
  5. Clean Out My Closet - Seriously, I still own (and sometimes wear) clothing that is over 10 years old. I don't do it out of necessity but instead it's because I have a hard time letting go. A donation bag starts today!
  6. Complain Less - I'm really bad at complaining for the sake of complaining. It's not that I'm unhappy it's just that I need to focus more on the good in a situation than the bad.
  7. Have a Successful Growing Season in the Greenhouse - Last year we got our plants in late Spring and they did alright. This year I'd like to get the greenhouse up and running as early as possible and get the watering system working too.
  8. Give Canning a Real Try - Last fall I tried canning for the first time and it went pretty well. I made applesauce. I'd like to do some canning using things from our greenhouse.
  9. Get to the Gym More - Seriously. I have so many good excuses why I can't go. I just need to suck it up and go because being physically fit is part of being a healthy adult.
  10. Tackle a Home Improvement Project on My Own - This year I stained and finished our front door but in the next 12 months I want to take on a bigger job!
  11. Take My Vitamins - Why is remember to take a few harmless vitamins every day so hard?! I feel so much better when I'm taking them so I really need to make them priority... starting tomorrow.
  12. Become More Involved in the Industry - So whether that means the automotive industry or communications and PR, I want to do something that gets me more involved with the world around me.
  13. Binge Watch TV Less - Seriously. It can't be good for you! And realistically, there's no prize for finishing first! I'd probably get a lot more laundry done and find time for the gym if I wasn't glued to my couch.
  14. Revise Savings Plan - My plan for my personal savings has really been on autopilot since I bought my house 3 years ago. A lot has changed since then and I really could be doing more to save and invest my savings.
  15. No Phone an Hour Before Bed - I made this a goal for last year but it didn't happen. Studies show you'll sleep better if you "power down" and hour before hitting the hay.
  16. Try Rock Climbing - I have no upper body strength but I looks fun so I'd like to give it a try!
  17. Pack My Lunch More - I have been doing good so far this year (27 days and counting) of packing my lunch for work but before that I bought more than I brought. 
  18. Go On A Road Trip - I just want to spend a few days driving around, covering a lot of land, and stopping along the way to see local attractions. No real plan. Just a whole lot of fun.
  19. Wake Up Earlier - I've gotten into a really bad habit of staying in bed until the last possible moment. That stops now.
  20. Hire a Cleaning Person - I've now realized that a clean house makes me happy but cleaning the house does not leave me with a sense of accomplished. If it doesn't make you happy, don't do it!
  21. Read More - I sadly only read 8 books last year. I really need to work on that...
  22. Volunteer at the Soup Kitchen - I just found out that there is a soup kitchen a few blocks from my house. I've lived in this city my whole life and never knew it was there. 
  23. Spend More Time Outside - More bonfires. More dinners on the patio. More BBQing. More reading in the hammock. More everything outdoors.
  24. Try New Foods - As much as I hate trying new foods. Being a less picky eater is part of adulting.
  25. Continue to be Career Oriented - I think one of the most critical moments of my twenties was when I decided to focus more on my career, bettering myself professionally, and living up to my full potential. There's not time to plateau now. 
  26. Drink More Water - I struggle with a healthy water intake on a daily basis. I'm literally never thirsty so I forget. Thankfully for my birthday Marc got me a super-tech connected water bottle that monitors how much water you drink and it reminds you when you haven't drank in awhile. 
  27. Keep My Car Cleaner - With a ridiculously hairy dog who loves going in the car plus a very active lifestyle, this is easier said that done. My hair often collects all kinds of random stuff from trips or work then gets covered in hair.
  28. Worry Less - I focused on this a lot last year and I'll continue to work on it probably for the rest of my life.
Here's to another great year around the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...