Sunday, February 20, 2011

The King of Kong

Name:  The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

Type:  documentary

Netflix Synopsis:  When Steve Wiebe got laid off, he turned to the classic arcade game Donkey Kong for solace; soon, he decided to challenge Billy Mitchell's long-standing record score.  So began the bitter rivalry that lies at the heart of this curiously compelling documentary. Providing a history of competitive video gaming and a look at some of the key players, The King of Kong is its best when revealing just how Mitchell will go to retain his crown.

What I Thought:  At first, I did not want to watch this film at all but I was coerced so I did.  In the beginning I just thought it was so funny how serious these people where about video games. I thought I was in for a good laugh. As the movie went on, I became so involved and invested in Steve Wiebe's life. You will quickly turn "Team Wiebe" and start rooting for the take-down of the evil Billy Mitchell. There are surprises around every corner. The suspense will kill you. Worth watching!

Rating:  / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...