Monday, February 28, 2011

#19: Take a polar bear plunge.

On February 19, 2011 I completed one of the items on my bucket list: to take a polar bear plunge.

As a fundraiser for the Michigan Special Olympics, my friend and I jumped into the frozen Detroit River along with over 500 other supporters dressed in zany costumes!  The proceeds from these plunges helps supports year-round sports training and athletic competition for more than 18,600 and adults with intellectual disabilities in Michigan.  Through our support, Michigan Special Olympics were able to raise $139,439.64 through this event.  Whitney and I braved the freezing cold waters (dressed as princesses) and had an awesome time!

Watch the video below to witness our amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...