Monday, January 21, 2013

Ford App at NAIAS


Last week I had the pleasure of attending the invite-only 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) Preview Week, which includes two Press Days where OEM unveil the newest and greatest vehicles during massive press conferences and two Industry Preview Days where industry professionals gather, inspect, and observe the next generation of automotive.

Detroit's NAIAS is in the top 5 automotive showcases in the world and the industry pulls all the stops to make sure every attendee has the best experience.

I think Ford Motor Company hit the nail on the head with their Auto Show mobile app this year.

Face it, not everyone that goes to the Auto Show is interested in cars--some are dragged there by parents or significant others--and I bet the thought of someone not be interested in their new car is unfathomable for an OEM. But Ford thought ahead and found a way to not only make the Auto Show a game but also boost sales of their vehicles through a fun and interactive mobile app called Ford at 2013 NAIAS.

I downloaded it and I thought it was great!

After downloading the app, enter the Ford Motor Company section of NAIAS to get the fun started!

You will notice QR codes on the windows of display Ford vehicles throughout the expo area, these are key to the moble app.


Using the mobile app, position the QR code in the box on the screen and let the app do its thing!


By scanning a vehicle's QR code, you've unlocked all kinds of extras including car specs, videos, and badges. The unlocked cars are added to your virtual "My Ford Garage" where you can later access all this information or even find and contact a nearby dealer.


The badges have to be my favorite part because they turn your NAIAS experience into a scavenger hunt! Trying to achieve them all becomes pretty addicting and I found myself spending way more time in the Ford exhibit than I probably would have otherwise because I was trying to scan to find which vehicles I missed scanning in order to achieve all the badges. I'm assuming that keeping people in their exhibit as long as possible was one of the main objectives of this app--along with education, social sharing, and increasing sales.

I'm a Ford-girl anyway but this app was just an awesome twist to my NAIAS experience and I give them two thumbs up for trying something new and making a game out of attending an event!


1 comment:

  1. This apps is very useful for us. Because we have a lot of facility
    from this apps. Thank you for this amazing share. I many
    tips about bd jobs today, as well. If you want to know more about a career sites,
    please visit our website.

    www.bd-career.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...