Monday, March 10, 2014

What I've Been Up To Lately: Urban Solstice

For those of you who follow this blog regularly, you may have noticed my lack of engaging posts. I apologize for that and I would like to share with you what has been filling a lot of my time for the last few months.

Other than handling my own PR and running a social media "street team" of fashion bloggers, this new hobby is pretty far from being a social media or tech endevour in which I'm typically involved.

With that being said, my new hobby is no less creative...


I present to you, Urban Solstice -- a minimalist jewelry company.

Statement Rough Cut Diamond Ring

My story 
I have been designing jewelry for myself, off and on, for about a year or so. I had never really thought much about starting a business around it since I already have a career in social media and public relations that I am very busy with and dedicated to. Then in December I started designing more as a way to combat cabin fever (Michigan’s winter has been brutal this year) and in January I opened up shop. Being in the jewelry business is no stranger to me. I worked through college for my uncle who is a traditional jeweler handling his sales, customer service, and inventory. I guess you can say jewelry has always been a love of mine.

Three Stone Natural Jade Necklace

My inspiration
I find my inspiration in the stones themselves. Having previously worked with my uncle who is a jeweler I’ve spent a great deal of time around beautifully cut gemstones and other precious stones, but there is something to be said about uncut, imperfect, rough and raw stones. They are so naturally beautiful even with their imperfections so I try my hardest to find the best way possible to showcase each of the stones’ unique qualities. I’m also inspired by minimalism and geometric shapes which I think you will see a lot of in my work.

Crackle Quartz Nugget Bracelet

The difference
One word: Quality. I try my hardest to source the best quality stones and metals to ensure I am providing my customers the best product at the best possible price.

Petite Rough Cut Diamond Ring

I'm just starting to get this off the ground and I would appreciate all the support I can get!

And don't worry, I'm definitely not leaving my social media life behind! A girl can have two loves!

Follow Urban Solstice on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...