Friday, September 19, 2014

Vinted: Best This to Happen Since the Invention of Shopping Malls


My name is Katelyn and I am a shopaholic. There I said it. No shame. I love it.

When I was looking to buy a home, no closet was big enough to hold my haul. So when I finally purchased a house, I turned all my closets into storage areas and built a beautifully gigantic closet in the basement.

But I have to be honest, I don't wear all of it.

After every season I pick out all the pieces I didn't wear that season and most of them I throw in a bag to donate. But now that I've been in the corporate world for awhile, I'm starting to replace a lot of my business basics and I started to look for a better way to get rid of them and find new items at a great price.

Introducing, Vinted!

I am absolutely obsessed with Vinted.com. If you haven't already checked it out, Vinted is a dedicated to a peer-to-peer marketplace for women and men to sell, buy and swap clothes. It allows members to communicate directly and has the features of a social networking service.




First off, a big thank you to Facebook Ads for introducing me to vinted.com.

How It Works

You can sell or swap things you no longer wear, and give your clothing and accessories a new life in the hands of someone else. Iff you feel like you need to update your own wardrobe, you can buy or swap pieces from other members' "closets."

All you have to do is take a few pictures of the item you want to sell, write a detailed description, and price it fairly. With the Vinted messaging system, it’s very easy to negotiate and bundle with buyers/sellers. When a deal has been made, Vinted emails you a prepaid shipping label (paid for by the buyer), and all you have to do is package the item up get it in the mail by either dropping it off at the post office or by scheduling a USPS free pickup.

Cost

I was very surprised at how reasonable Vinted is for both the sellers and buyers. Accounts are free and there are NO fees for listing an item, instead each time you make a sale a 19% fee is taken out of the total price. Vinted is very upfront with this fee. When you’re adding the item for sale, you get to see what your final payment will be with the 19% fee already taken out.

Is It Worth It?

I created my free account earlier this week, and have already sold a hot pink blazer (that I only wore once before my mom called me a flight attendant) and I swapped a hardly ever used Kenneth Cole tote bag for two brand Banana Republic sweaters, brand new with tags still attached, and a scarf.

So yes, it's worth it. I've been able to start refreshing my wardrobe for fall without spending any money (I actually made money). I know it seems counterintuitive to be minimizing my closet by also getting new items but you can't pass up the deals!

My favorite feature is that you can shop by brand then narrow it down to your size. I'm finding great deals on business casual clothes from H&M, Banana Republic, The Limited, Express, and Ann Taylor that I would have otherwise spent and arm and a leg on!

Try It!

If you're interested in giving it a try, whether it is to just shop or sell (or both), I highly recommend using my referral link below (or http://www.vinted.com/referral/2036947). By using the referral link to sign up you will receive a $5.00 complimentary credit (and so will I) so it's most definitely worth it!


You can also visit my closet here!

As of January 2014, it had 3 million members and 14 million listings on free iOS and Android apps.

It is available in the United States on Vinted.com, the United Kingdom on Vinted.co.uk, Germany on Kleiderkreisel.de, France on Vinted.fr, Austria on Kleiderkreisel.at, Poland on Vinted.pl, Czech Republic on Votocvohoz.cz, and Lithuania on Vinted.lt.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...