Monday, June 6, 2011

Sally Hansen's Salon Effects

Lately, I've been trying these Sally Hanson Salon Effects real nail polish strips as an alternative to painting my nails.

Salon Effects (Kitty, Kitty)
Salon Effects (Laced Up)

It's as easy as pealing the decal off the plastic, placing it on your nail then filing off the excess decal at the tip of your nail.  They're literally "peal and apply" with absolutely no dry time (except I like to put a top coat on mine for extra protection but it's not necessary)!

The box says they last up to 10 days but I had my first pair on for over two weeks.  You'll see some chipping but hardly anything compared to traditional nail polish. For as strong as they are, they sure are easy to remove. I just soaked my nails in an acetone nail polish remover for a few seconds then wiped them clean. So easy!

I've been so busy with work and my personal life lately that I was having a hard time keeping up with my nails so I gave these a try and I absolutely fell in love.

They run around $7 to $10 depending on where you get them.  I've found them at CVS, Meijer and Ulta.

So far the only two I have tried have been the leopard print (Kitty, Kitty) and the black lace (Laced Up) ones.  But now there is the new Designer Collection, which I can't wait to try!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those! I put a clear coat of nail polish on mine, and they last forever. My favorite are those black + neutral lace, the red + black lace, the houndstooth and the zebra (of course). I always get tons of compliments on them. I'm going to take a crack at putting them on my acrylics next!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...