Thursday, February 7, 2013

Facebook Gives Us a LiveJournal Blast From the Past

Today when I went to update my status on Facebook, I noticed there was a new feature you could add to your status on top of a picture/video, geotag, or person/place/group/page tag. You can now add "how you're feeling" and "what you're doing".

Besides finding these redundant (because aren't those the things you're supposed to write in your status?) I also found them reminiscent of the good 'ol days... and by good 'ol days, I mean LiveJournal.

I love LiveJournal. Through LJ I learned to code websites, edit photos, and manage my first online community. But all that is another story for another day.

Now if you don't know what I'm talking about:

LJ has been offering it's users the ability to add their current location, mood, and music to their entries for quite some time now--at least 10+ years (with exception to location).

I couldn't find my LJ password to get a screencap myself so I borrowed this gem from Google Images.
Doesn't that resemble the changes that we're seeing on Facebook?


Regardless of who did what first, how do you feel about these changes to Facebook?

I'm hoping that we won't start to see an influx in people just updating us on what song they're listening to or beverage they're drinking even more than they already do. But only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...