Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Art & Copy



Title:  Art & Copy

Type:  documentary

Netflix Synopsis:  Explore the fascinating and sometimes mysterious world of advertising with this compelling documentary from filmmaker Doug Pray that features a host of interviews with some of the biggest names in the business.  Meet the talented minds who created taglines forever embedded in the American psyche, including "Just Do It," "Where's the Beef?" and "Got Milk?" Hal Riney, Ed Rollins and many others share their insights.

What I Thought:  As an advertising grad I was so happy to find a documentary about advertising that didn't make it out to be this evil conspiracy.  Advertising was portrayed in such a positive light that it, once again, makes me proud to be a part of the industry.  It highlights all the creativity and hard work that goes into simple slogans like "Got Milk."  I also found it interesting to see the progression and evolution of different campaigns over the years.  I wish this movie would have been shown in some of my advertising classes.

Rating:  ***** / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...