Monday, January 10, 2011

Monsturd

I know I usually just review documentaries but I think I might broaden the topic so I can include some other the other films I've watched that deserve attention (especially B-horror movies, which are a passion of mine).


Title:  Monsturd

Type:  B-horror

Year:  2003

Netflix Synopsis:  Serial killer Jack Schmidt is a fugitive who has the police and FBI hot on his trail.  After being cornered and wounded by law enforcement authorities, he falls into a sewage tunnel where the chemical company Dutech has also been dumping its toxic waste.  The poisonous mixture of feces and chemicals mysteriously transforms Jack into a part-human, part-feces monster who sets out on a deadly rampage.

What I Thought:  Keep this in mind: I love B-horror movies.  I watch them religiously so I know what should and should not be considered.  The premise of this movie should have been my first indication that it was a joke.  B-horror movies are usually low-budget movies but this one was a NO budget movie and it showed.  It seemed to have been filmed with a cell phone camera and was editing using Windows Movie Maker.  It even included the cheesy scene transitions.  Once I got used to the shady camera work, I realized what a train wreck the plot was also!  First off, it's a frame story told by a 9-year-old girl to her father as a bedtime story.  Then you've got bad guys running around, companies spilling toxic waste into the sewer and poop being smeared on the walls of bathrooms everywhere.  Nothing went logically together.  I got a headache from trying to keep up and having to watch the shakey camera shots so I gave up after 20ish minutes.  I don't wish that 20 minutes on my biggest enemy.

Rating:   / 5 (the 1 star was just for effort)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...