Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up: August 19 - 25

I have had a whirlwind of a week in both my work and personal life. Don't worry, all is well! However I haven't been able to keep up with the news as much as I'd have liked. I've highlighted a few stories below but if there is something big I've missed please let me know!
  • T-Mobile Announces the Return of Unlimited 4G - Hopefully Tmo is starting a trend among the larger cellular providers because this definitely wouldn't keep me on their network but I'd love to catch this deal elsewhere! **I'm currently using a factory unlocked iPhone 4 on their network while I'm waiting for my contract to expire this winter at which time I'll be jumping ship.
  • Twitter Updates API - Twitter unveiled some of the upcoming changes to version 1.1 of its API that could have a drastic impact on the service’s third-party ecosystem.
  • Microsoft Unveils New Look - Amidst significant changes in the companies business plan, Microsoft is changing its logo for the first time in more than 25 years.
  • Facebook Releases Faster iOS App - Facebook issued a massive update to its iOS app Thursday, with app version 5.0. Facebook describes the app as being “rebuilt so it’s faster and easier to use.”
  • Amazon to Make Big Announcement Sept. 6 - Amazon rarely holds press conferences beyond its annual press conferences in New York, however they just emailed out invites for a press conference to be held the morning of Thursday, Sept. 6, in Santa Monica, Calif. What ever could it be about?
  • Amazon Stock Hits All-Time High - Amazon‘s stock climbed after the company sent out press invitations for a big announcement, setting a record high of $246.87 per share on Friday. 
  • Should Zuckerberg Step Down? - This week the internet has been abuzz over discussion on whether or not Mark Zuckerberg should step down and let a seasoned CEO take the reins.
  • Apple Stock Hits All-Time High After Favorable Verdict - The grand jury came to a unanimous decision on Friday evening, determining Samsung infringed upon several Apple-patented features. The announcement caused Apple stock to swell to $674.96 per share during after-hours trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...